Create tapes with software for Atari 8-bit computers
Turgen System is accompanied with several small utilities that will improve your experience when
transferring games to your Atari computer, creating tapes or tape images, copying files, or programming your own tape loaders.
XEX2CAS is a command-line utility that converts DOS 2 binary files and other files to tape images
- Designed for modern opeating systems (Windows, GNU/Linux, and more)
- You can choose from 6 binary loaders: STDBLOAD 2a,
Exclamation mark loader,
Exclamation mark loader updated for XL/XEs,
Binary loader used for L.K. Avalon games,
and SIECOD loader
- You can elongate inter-record-gaps (IRGs) after records that hold INIT segments
- You can use shorter leader (12 s instead of 20 s) or set arbitrary transfer speed
- You can process plain files (data, BASIC programs, boot files)
- You can convert tokenized Atari BASIC files to a form bootable from tape
- You can append data to existing tape images
Visual XEX2CAS is a very simple .NET 4.0-based GUI application that converts DOS 2 Binary files
to tape images.
DOS 2 Binary File Checker (D2BFC)
This Java 7 application allows you to check and sort whole directory trees of DOS 2 binary files.
D2BFC detects the following flavors of binary files:
- Corrupt or with problematic structure
- Monolithic with INIT segment
- Segmented without INIT segments
Files of given flavor or flavors can be copied to separate directories.
Download and explore assembler source code of various turbo loaders or loader skeletons. The sources
can be assembled using the ATASM cross-assembler. Shell scripts that execute the assembler
The package contains special copiers with source code included.
- ChainCopy - A special cassette > RAM > cassette copier for the Czechoslovak Turbo 2000.
ChainCopy can convert segmented binary load files stored in the "Binary Turbo" format (file type 04) to the "Turbo 2000 - ChainLoading" format.
The copier can also copy other Turbo 2000 file types - these are copied as they are.