Mission and Features
TURGEN SYSTEM is a versatile utility that allows you to:
- Create your own tapes with software for
Atari 8-bit computers.
Transfer data from your PC or Mac to your Atari 8-bit computer using just a data recorder and a cassette adapter.
Download Turgen System Infographics to see what TURGEN SYSTEM has to offer.
TURGEN SYSTEM converts files to various turbo systems and also to standard tape records.
TURGEN SYSTEM outputs WAVE files, tape images, or sends signal directly to the sound card.
TURGEN SYSTEM provides special support for conversion of segmented binary files.
This special support includes a Wizard for binary files and a set of special binary loaders.
- Processing of tape images
- Facilities for automated production of multiple cassettes - batch processing, automatic file name creation, and prefixing WAVE file names with tape side numbers
- Turbo decoder that can be used to retrieve information from tapes
- Tape image extractor tool that extracts data from tape images
- Tool for embedding tokenized BASIC files to binary files
- Tool for merging segments of binary files
- Data transfer via serial port in collaboration with CAS COM utility
Support for Standard Tape Records
Standard tape records and unmodified data recorders are fully supported. Tape images with baud, data, and
fsk chunks can be read by the Tape image plugin.
Monolithic binary files, segmented binary files, BASIC files, and plain data files can be converted
to standard tape records by the Standard plugin.
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.6.0 or newer
- Solaris, Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, macOS, and other operating systems supported by the JRE
Data recorders with or without turbo upgrades,
data recorder replacement devices,
MEGA-CD interface (CD-LINK),
Suppored Turbo Systems and Tape Image Chunks
Czechoslovak or Czech
Turbo 2000, Turbo 2000 - Kilobyte Blocks, Super Turbo, B-TAPE (and compatible TURBO TAPE)
KSO Turbo 2000, Turbo Blizzard, Turbo ROM, Atari Super Turbo, Unerring Master Atari Turbo System, Hard Turbo, Lower Silesian Turbo 2000
Rambit Turbo Tape (UK), Turbo 6000 (GDR), Omicron Turbo that provides unifying file formats and loaders compatible with large number of turbo upgrades
Tape image chunks
FUJI, baud, data, fsk, pwmX (used by A8CAS and a8cas-util), trXX (used by ATART and CAS COM)
Data recorder with a turbo upgrade typically allows transfer speed from 2200 to 6000 bd.
With unmodified data recorder, you are limited to 600 - 800 bd and standard tape records.
Project Page and News
SourceForge.net project page
Project news are available at SourceForge.net project blog.